In 1993 the Research and Development department of Medical Z, a company with 30 years of experience in compression therapy for acute burn and plastic surgery patients, developed Zsport.
Zsportís mission is to insure the utilization of high-tech knowledge in the development of garments for the sports industry. In this regard, Zsport is proficient in the conception of garments and undergarments manufactured with high-tech fabric for competitive and non-competitive athletes.
To date, all bras sold in the corsetry or athletic bra industry has been designed without consideration of anatomy or morphological data. These factors being considered would allow for optimum comfort and outstanding support for the user. A market analysis implemented in France as well as in the US, Germany and Italy confirmed to us that in no way was breast anatomy considered. The Research and Development department of Medical Z implemented a scientific and technical survey from new data.
Thus far, the conception of a bra has only considered the chest circumference and the breast size with no consideration of actual breast weight. The support carried out in the athletic bra industry today is thus done by breast constriction, which leads to random effectiveness and is uncomfortable for the user.
The Zbra Extreme has been designed with equalized support between the ratios of breast weight to breast size and the chest circumference of the athlete. Knowing that a breast can weigh between 1 and 4.6 lbs. defines the calculation of forces for support.
Utilizing the physical characteristics of our fabric, forces were calculated to provide optimum support by taking into account the weight on one hand and the volume on the other. We were able to determine the resulting forces of this area from a horizontal and vertical angle, given the fact that the base of the breast holds the weight. These elements allowed us to determine the desired tension and thus the dimensions of the thorax circumference as well as the length and width of the straps.
Along with support, the Zbra Extreme is made with CoolMax fabric by Dupont. CoolMax is a revolutionary fabric that is more breathable and comfortable than any other garment available today. It is embedded with a moisture management system that pulls moisture to the outer layer of fabric and dries quickly. The fabric is specifically engineered with a four channel fiber system that allows air to easily permeate the garment.
In conclusion, the Zbra Extreme was designed with the collaboration of world-renowned breast surgeons to exceed the requirements of multi-disciplinary athletes as well as rigorous constraint of mammary plastic surgery.
Technical Sales Information:
- Available in two colors: Black and White.
- Flat seams prevent chaffing.
- The angle of the cup seams are designed precisely to underline the anatomical morphology of the breast.
- The Zbra is latex free.
- Provides the athlete with minimal breast movement while active.
- No metallic reinforcement. The Zbra applies a uniform pressure on the entire mammary fold.
- Our fabric made of Lycrasoft allows for uniform pressure (regardless of the tension on the breast).
- Lined with Coolmax, this revolutionary fabric facilitates perspiration in certain areas.
- The sport back design allows freedom of movement.
- Front closure zipper protected with velvet.
- Sizes available from 32 to 40 and B to DD cup.
- Cup A available upon request in certain sizes.